Vergadering aandeelhouders Unilever keurt alle besluiten goed
Tijdens de jaarlijkse algemene aandeelhoudersvergadering van Unilever N.V. op 15 mei 2013 hebben de aandeelhouders alle voorgestelde besluiten goedgekeurd. (Bericht alleen uitgegeven in het Engels.)
Unilever N.V. Annual General Meeting Rotterdam,
15 May 2013 - All resolutions approved
Rotterdam, 15 May 2013.- Unilever N.V. shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the annual general meeting in Rotterdam. Voting was by poll on each resolution and the results are set out below.
The following continuing directors stood for election and were duly re-appointed. These were
Paul Polman, Jean-Marc Huët, Louise Fresco, Ann Fudge, Charles Golden, Byron Grote,
Hixonia Nyasulu, The Rt Hon Sir Malcolm Rifkind MP, Kees Storm, Michael Treschow and Paul Walsh.
Sunil Bharti Mittal did not offer himself for re-appointment and will retire as a Non-Executive Director at the close of the Unilever PLC annual general meeting.
Laura Cha, Mary Ma and John Rishton were proposed for appointment as non-executive directors for the first time and were duly appointed by the shareholders of Unilever N.V.
Poll Results Annual General Meeting 2013
Issued Share Capital Present
2. Adoption Annual Accounts and appropriation of the profit for the 2012 financial year
3. Discharge Executive Directors
4. Discharge Non-Executive Directors
5. Re-appointment Paul Polman *
6. Re-appointment Jean Marc-Huët *
7. Re-appointment Louise Fresco *
8. Re-appointment Ann Fudge *
9. Re-appointment Charles Golden *
10. Re-appointment Byron Grote *
11. Re-appointment Hixonia Nyasulu *
13. Re-appointment Kees Storm *
14. Re-appointment Michael Treschow *
15. Re-appointment Paul Walsh *
16. Appointment Laura Cha as Non-Executive Director *
17. Appointment Mary Ma as Non-Executive Director *
18. Appointment John Rishton as Non-Executive Director *
19. Appointment of the Auditor charged with the auditing of the Annual Accounts for the 2013 financial year
20. Designation of the Board of Directors as the company body authorised in respect of the issue of shares in the share capital of the Company
21. Authorisation of the Board of Directors to purchase ordinary shares and depositary receipts thereof in the share capital of the Company
22. Capital reduction with respect to shares and depositary receipts thereof held by the Company in its own share capital
The shares represented were good for 1,874,268,200 votes, which is 84.04% of our issued share capital.
*The resolution, if passed, will only become effective if a similar resolution as set out in the Notice of Annual General Meeting of Unilever PLC to be held on 15 May 2013 in London, United Kingdom or any adjournment thereof is approved.
This announcement may contain forward-looking statements, including ‘forward-looking statements’ within the meaning of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as ‘expects’, ‘anticipates’, ‘intends’, ‘believes’ or the negative of these terms and other similar expressions of future performance or results, and their negatives, are intended to identify such forward-looking statements.
These forward-looking statements are based upon current expectations and assumptions regarding anticipated developments and other factors affecting the Group. They are not historical facts, nor are they guarantees of future performance.
Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements, including, among others, competitive pricing and activities, economic slowdown, industry consolidation, access to credit markets, recruitment levels, reputational risks, commodity prices, continued availability of raw materials, prioritisation of projects, consumption levels, costs, the ability to maintain and manage key customer relationships and supply chain sources, consumer demands, currency values, interest rates, the ability to integrate acquisitions and complete planned divestitures, the ability to complete planned restructuring activities, physical risks, environmental risks, the ability to manage regulatory, tax and legal matters and resolve pending matters within current estimates, legislative, fiscal and regulatory developments, political, economic and social conditions in the geographic markets where the Group operates and new or changed priorities of the Boards.
Further details of potential risks and uncertainties affecting the Group are described in the Group’s filings with the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Amsterdam and the US Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Group’s Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended 31 December 2012.
These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this document. Except as required by any applicable law or regulation, the Group expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in the Group’s expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.